Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Transfer of flat in mumbai

HI experts,

My father was owner of a flat in co op hsg soc ltd in mumbai. unfortunately he passed away in 2004 without making any will or nomination for the said flat. Thereafter in 2008 we have transfered that flat in the name of my mother by submitting relevent documents to the society & giving NOC by me & my sisters to the society. Society transffered the flat in my mothers name and issued a new share cetificate in the name of my mother and kept the old share certificate with them (which was on my fathers name).

My question is

1) Is the ownership got correctly transferred in my mothers name only by transferring the share certificate.

2) Whether society was correct in keeping old share certifiacte with then after transfer? or my mother should ask for that?

Thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     28 July 2015

Sir,

Share ceritficates are fine, but did your mother name entered into the revenue records, I mean did she paid any land revenue tax on it or something.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

advocate.kapilc@gmail.com

(Guest)
Sir, Thanks for prompt reply. No, mothers name is not entered in revenue records & she has not paid any land revenue tax. What should i do for that? is that mandatory to secure ownership of the flat? She is paying all dues towards the society

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register