Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nirmal   24 August 2016

Security check for joining job is legal

HI,

I got job offer from company and I accepted it as they were offering good salary package. But when I resigned from mine job mine company decided to retain me with same salary package offering.

So I decided to stay with mine current company. RIght now I have done stop payment of that check. Paper I signed for aggrement it was just company offer letter.

Now other rule in that paper aggrement is that if after joining I do not accept 1 year agreement bond then offer letter is void. and in that there is nothing written for withdrawing amount from that check.

So what I should do?

Please find company paragraph below.

1. Upon acceptance of this letter, you will have to execute a service agreement and lndemnity Bond for one year in the format prescribed by the company at the time of joining, without which the offer stands void. You will be on the probation period of 3 months. Once you will successfully complete your probation period your performance review will be carried oLrt to decide further extension of your contract with company.

2. We would expect you to join us as early as possible but not later than 19th Octoher,20L6,beyond which the offer would stand withdrawn, unless a new date is agreed to, by us in writing. You will have to submit Security deposit cheque of INR XX,XXX/-{lNR}. The Cheque will be returned to you on completion of your first month in our organization. lncase you fail to join within the agreed time line after accepting the offer; the cheque will be credited to the company account.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 August 2016

You have accepted the offer and stop payment of security cheque.

On the face of it , it is against the clause accepted by you.

Employee should always consult his able counsel specializing in Labor/Service matters before signing on dotted line.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register