Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajuddin (Engineer)     29 March 2015

Regarding compensation

Hello Members,

I started am Water Treatment Professional working in Chennai. Last year I was started working in one of companies here as Engineer. I was reporting directly to the one of company directors . I worked there for five months , I gave more manhours at working than any employee during that period. 

But the director to whom I reported started taking out his frustrations on me. This happened four to five times. One evening  he went overboard. So I walked off the office just like that and then mailed my resignation next day. 

They called I explained what my reasons for quitting was. Then they posted reliving letter  the very next day. But they did not pay my salary for the entire month. The amount is not high , some 20k but when I called them regarding the payment they refused to pay . True that I had to serve a notice of 30 days to leave the job, but the boss was too abusive for my liking so I left. They did not even call to get any details about the job they required . Then how can not pay meee.

I dont want to leave the monery because I worked sincerely , hard for them . How I can register a case aganist them I have offer letter from them and copy of my resignation ,etc...I am located at Chennai . Please advise. 

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 March 2015

HOPE YOU WILL TAKE THIS POST POSITIVELY!

The rowdiness of bosses is not a new or unknown thing to lawful authorities and Law and courts.

NO one can be abusive, coercive, threatening, intimidating, imposing at workplace including employer himself/herself.

Once again the question arises: “Why Employees continue to suffer with such tantrums/transgressions by employers and their CRONIES/ATTRONIES in Line/HR Managers????

Because Employee’s find it shameful to unite, form unions/Grievance Redressal committee/Works Committee, affiliate with trade unions, retain access to an able Labor Law Consultant/service Matters lawyer/Law firm!!!!!!

Majority of the employee are ill informed and ill informed employee is susceptible to exploitation.

The Relieving Letter signifies that ‘Nothing is due towards Employee’.

However your able Labor Law Consultant/Service Matters Lawyer/Law Firm may like to go thru the language verbatim.

You should start building favorable written record under expert guidance of your lawyer for use at appropriate time in appropriate forum.

You may reply pointwise to each point:

1.       Do you have copy and acknowledgment of notice of resignation tendered by you? It was addressed to whom?

2.       Who has signed the appointment letter? Who has replied to your notice of resignation?

3.       Have you resigned by letter too? Did you mention the reason of resignation in resignation letter/email Or even subsequently/ or before resignation to anyone in office? Did you report or object to misconduct or the Director ever in office: verbally or in writing?

4.    Are you a member of Employee’s/Trade Unions

Does your company have any GRC (grievance redressal committee) and ‘Works committee’?

5. What was your designation and nature of duties? How many people were reporting to you? Did you have any power to employ,terminate,sanction leave (or recommend ……but clarify) ,grant increment etc?

4. What was your salary: Basic,DA……..etc and total.

5. Was any appointment letter and HR policy/Service Rules and regulations/Conduct and Discipline Rules,salary slip of each month, PF number and a/c slip of each year, ESIC card,Form16 issued to you?

What is Date of Joining, date of Leaving?

6. You were located in which state? Your reporting office was located  in which state?

Regd. Office of the company is located in which state?

How many people are employed in the company?

Does the company have its CSO (certified Standing Orders) and does it cover your designation or do Model Standing orders apply to it?

The company is registered as: Commercial or Industrial establishment?

7. What is the notice period stated in appointment letter?

8. Has any Service Certificate,FnF statement showing computation of earned wages/Bonus/leave encashment/Gratuity………adjustment of notice pay etc, PF number with a/c slips of each year,ESIC card,NOC/NDC,Form16 etc has been supplied to you?

9. Do you have attendance record showing evidence that you were made/asked to work beyond 8 hrs/day......48 hrs/week?

You may reply pointwise to each point!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register