LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil K (IT Executive)     22 December 2014

Property fraud by safe growth pune

I and my friend made some investments in year 2011 by purchasing a property in Konkan from a Firm named Safe growth multicon pvt ltd situated in Pune. They agreed to provide NA plots within 2 years from the date of purchase as per the notarised agreement. However now they are neither providing the plot nor returning back our money. The cheque they provided bounced. Please advise what shall we do now. It has been more than 3 years now. 

Thank you and regards,

Sunil K

Learning

3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     23 December 2014

1) Why was the cheque given to you ?

2) When did the cheque bounce and what did you do then ?

3) Case of fraud may lie against the Company and its directors. As a first step you may complain to police u/s 420.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.For DIRECT contact with me / my friends and more law related informations / queries visit https://getjoy.in/r/q

Sunil K (IT Executive)     23 December 2014

Me and my friend approached the director of the company and we asked him to provide the said land or else return our money back with interest. So he provided the cheque without mentioning the dates. We tried calling him and even tried to contact him, but he never responded. We went to his office several times but he did not meet. 

Hardeep (Business)     23 December 2014

1) Please provide complete information in the first instance only so that relevant suggestions can be given.

2) When did the cheque bounce and what did you do then ?

3) See S. 138 of the Negotiable instruments Act. If your case falls within, you may proceed accordingly.

4) if not, your recourse could be a summary suit for recovery ( See Order 37 of Civil Procedure Code for Summary Suits ) , or S. 420 IPC as already suggested. You will have to move fast before the Company or its directors vanish altogether.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register