Perjury application

Manager

Hello Experts,

I need to file a perjury application ,one confusion I have is that in the application, should I mention the  statements made verbatim (which may confuse or make the application too detailed) , or should I summarize them to the point. I am getting conflicting opinions from my own advocate, and few others. Just wanted to get a broader opinion so that the application is impactful. All in all, I have about 4 pages including the standard header and footer.

Ex:  Person A said "I went to the event and saw a, b ,c , d ....." Person B said " Person A did not come to the event".

thanks

Harsh

Lawyer

Summarize them to the points.

Lawyer

Summarize them to the points.

Manager

Thank you ,

I am preparing both versions ( detailed and a summary).  As an example,  Instead of saying " Person A in his/her Chief examination on _____ , Page __, Para ___, stated that .... Person A in his/her Cross on ___, Page___, Para___ stated that .....",

I would just say 

" PW-3 throughout his examination, makes several statements that he gave jewellery , cash to someone and others. He states that ‘he doesn’t have bills but also states he didn’t give bills of because bills were in locker’ - signifying that he does have the bills. Statements are contradictory and irreconcilable - he cant "not have bills" and "have bills".

Hope the above is ok. 

thanks

harsh

Lawyer

Yes this is OK.

Total likes : 1 times

Manager

thank you so much ! Easy to quickly draft the whole damn thing now !

Thanks

Harsh

advocate.dma@gmail.com

Person A said....I was at the event....and person B said ...A was not at the event. There is no perjury made out from these two statements by two different people.

advocate.dma@gmail.com

Perjury is false statement on oath, and the statement should be very relevant to the case.

N.A

Originally posted by : Harsh
Thank you ,

I am preparing both versions ( detailed and a summary).  As an example,  Instead of saying " Person A in his/her Chief examination on _____ , Page __, Para ___, stated that .... Person A in his/her Cross on ___, Page___, Para___ stated that .....",

I would just say 

" PW-3 throughout his examination, makes several statements that he gave jewellery , cash to someone and others. He states that ‘he doesn’t have bills but also states he didn’t give bills of because bills were in locker’ - signifying that he does have the bills. Statements are contradictory and irreconcilable - he cant "not have bills" and "have bills".

Hope the above is ok. 

thanks

harsh

Firstly it is rightly suggested that this is not perjury.

Secondly why do you want to make your case complicated. If no bill is on the record that goes in your favour, It doesn't matter whether the bill is in the locker or anyother reason.

Total likes : 1 times

Manager

Sir, Both are on oath, two persons making completely contradictory irreconcilable statements , both can't be true , and both have a direct impact on accused, what would the court believe? 

A deposes B was present and a witness to the crime by C

B deposes he was not present and has no idea of the crime committed by C

If benefit of doubt given to accused, A is lying.

w/o benefit of doubt also, court still can't  decide that C is guilty as B is denying the fact  assuming no other evidence exists.

since both A and B are deposing in full consciousness, one of them must be lying?perjury?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu

web analytics