LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prkumar (n/a)     10 March 2019

Obtaining a will copy from registrar office

How to obtain 'will' of a deceased(my father in law)? We do not know the date of death? what is the alternate option? Brother in laws are not supporting.

Learning

6 Replies

Shashi Dhara   10 March 2019

How Ur brother in law's support u .r u in Dreamland land.go and ask his enemies. Surely theywill furnish every thing and they will take u to advocate .there u file suit for partition .

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 March 2019

Some homework is essential.  Remember the approximate month at least and seek a copy of death certificate of your father in law from Registrar of Births and deaths (Local authority like Panchayat, Municipality or Corporation).  Then you can enclose the copy of death certificate and can seek a certified copy of the will from Sub Registrar.  After death, the will becomes a public record of the deceased.  (It is unfortunate that you are not knowing the date of death of FIL, appearing to be a Hindu)

There is absolutely no difficulty in obtaining any public record by paying such prescribed fee.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 March 2019

How are the alleged Will and date of death related?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 March 2019

In case of a registered will, Sub Registrar demands an original death certificate for providing a certified copy of the will in AP.

prkumar (n/a)     12 March 2019

Yes Mr Prasad am well convinced. Thanks for the response but the Registrar is demanding Death Certificate. Is there any other options? As you said pay extra money as to get the public copy , its how, could you please be eloborate?

prkumar (n/a)     12 March 2019

Yes Mr. Shasi I understand. I tried lot of options but failed envery one is demanding for Death Certificate which I could not produce.. Any way thanks for the response. If there is any updates do communicate me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register