LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manisha   16 March 2017

Notice period salary disbursal by the employer

My company has a notice period of 3 months so in my resignation I confirmed my company that I will serve the notice period of 3 months. My HR accepted the resignation and confirmed me that they will give early release. 

Please confirm whether company should pay me the balance 2.5 months basic pay as per contract agreement. If I ask for early release then I need to pay balance days basic of notice period. When I checked with my HR, they showed me the clause that " If company gives early release then , the basic pay of notice period to be paid will be on complete discretion of management". Are there in laws which governs discretion of management as my resignation and clearance process including handovers has been completed complying to company policies .

I asked HR about this discretion of management then they gave me an option to placed at client location which demands 6 hrs travelling and I am medically unfit to do it. I have provided the medical certificate of the same to HR.

Kindly suggest,

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Manisha   22 March 2017

Please suggest.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2017

Similar queries have been discussed many times at LCI and can be searched in Search option and corresponding rules/ACT/judgments can be downloaded. 

Many authors/querist have posted such queries and have resolved without need of any litigation.

The notice period of 90 days, may not necessarily be applicable in your case.

The condition of NO Notice pay in lieu of notice period may not necessarily be applicable in your case.

Let HR person accept notice of resigantion in writing before expiry of notice period tendered by you.

HR person may not be necessarily be employer in your case. He /she may be a Manager and stakeholder and may be in a position to help you.

So remain gentle and amiable.

Or HR person as per his masters policy for him/her may not be inclined to get any concession/waiver.

Therefore if required and also if you have rapport with officials in good offices, escalate to good offices of appointing authority.

While posting such queries employee should post basic information:

What is this establishment: Commercial, Industrial?

What is its line of business; say Banking, IT?

The employee is located in which state? 
Does Company have an office in this state?
The reporting office, Redg. Office, HO is located in which state?

How many people are employed in establishment?

What is employee’s designation and nature of duties on record?

How many persons report to employee?
Does employee has any power to sanction (not just recommend) leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc?

Can anyone cancel/amend employee’s recommendations?

The employee has worked for how many months?

The employee is under probation or confirmed?

Do standing orders (Model/Certified) apply to establishment and designation of employee?

Is it stated in appointment letter that employee can tender notice pay in lieu of notice period and what is the rate of notice pay mentioned in it?
Is it stated in appointment letter that employer can tender notice pay in lieu of notice period ( if it initiates separation by termination) and what is the rate of notice pay mentioned in it?

Is it stated in appointment letter that employee’s service conditions shall be governed by …………policy/rules of the company? Was copy of any such policy/rule provided before signing appointment letter?

Is it stated in appointment letter that employee agrees to abide by …………..policy/rule of the company and any such/new rules/policy introduced in future?

Shall next employer absorb employee ONLY on the strength of copy of acknowledgment, proof of dispatch, delivery of resignation? OR it can cancel offer if service certificate, relieving letter is not submitted by employee? Or it can terminate later if service certificate, relieving letter is not submitted by employee?

Does employee have copy of salary slip of all months, Form16 of all years, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC card etc etc?

Does employee have copy of all HR policies applicable to employee/service rules, exit policy, employee handbook etc etc ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register