Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samhita (Software Engineer)     26 March 2013

Not accepting resignation

Hi

I am currently employed in a MNC software company.I resigned on 22nd feb 2013 due to personal issues and according to company policies i need to serve 60days notice period.I have already completed 1month of my notice period and now my project manager asked me to withdraw my resignation or else he wil put mail to HR for rejection of my resignation.I am asked to stay back for 3 more months which is not at all possible for me.HR is of no help as she is on their side only.

1)Can a manager reject resignation

2)If they reject it what can i do?

Learning

6 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     26 March 2013

Resignation for personal reasons cannot be rejected.

www.mehnat.in

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2013

Resignation can be without permission or notice.

If there is a clause on notice pay in lieu of notice period then it is the maximum compensation either employer/employee has to tender.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2013

Did you submit notice of resignation in resignation tool software/Employee Portal /HR portal? This portal might have given rights to line managers to access and modify.

You may obtain screenshots, and submit notice of resignation addressed to appointing authority/MD, by letter thru redg. post., and cite reference that as per instructions of the line managers/HR (name/designation/dept/address) on dated……you have already submitted notice of resignation in line with clause number…………in appointment letter dated…………issued to you and notice period submitted by you is………..days and your effective date of resignation/last day in office is dated……….and demand acknowledgment/acceptance……….by letter thru redg. post.

The notice of resignation/resignation submitted/initiated by you can not be withdrawn by anyone other than you before expiry of notice period..

The resignation cam not be accepted before the expiry of notice period…….

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2013

It is only Armed Forces which have statutory right to reject resignation and force employee to continue against his wishes.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     27 March 2013

talk to your manager and explain the situation why are leaving because the manager stop in providing experience certificate or they may stop relieving letter 

S.Sankarasubramanian (practcing advocate)     28 March 2013

Send your letter of resignation with full details to the concerned and contact your legal practioner for redressal of grievance.

S.Sankarasubramanian, advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register