Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gaurav   19 December 2016

Marriage registration issue

Dear all,

Kindly suggest what to do if situation is weird like  re marry twice with same person(Wife) , 1st as Court marriage and then due to Family agreement. But due to some reason, Certificate issued both time from 2 different States. Marriages are on different dates also.

Shall the 1st certificate to be used every time (Court Marriage) for legal purpose?
Shall any one of them should be cancelled by keeping only one- if that is possible?
And How can and what it be penalized if it has to come to that? How to avoid it and be safe.

By right there are 2 marriages and same person so 2 certificate in 2 different states but also would it be OK to every time use only 1 certificate forever and keep the other non used, including for abroad visa and any formalities in india?

Kindly advise me on this, i understand this is difficult and surprising situation as to why any one will register twice with same person and etc etc..as i got lot of questions like this, but no one has given solution with judging first.

I appreciate if there is any solution from wise minds here and genuine help.

Need you Kind help

Thank you

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     19 December 2016

Gaurav u need to first cancelled the the second mariage certificate by giving applicationalong with first marriage certificate to MRO. Give pubic notice in this regards.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on my LCI profile?

gaurav   20 December 2016

Dear sir,

Thank you for your kind response, As i heard there is no centralized database to maintain and check the details and is only at state level.

Since it is a same wife, would the 2nd marriage certificate be considered as Null automatically? And especially if 2nd certificate is never used for offical purpose, will it be still necessary to apply for cancellation? If so how tedious is the cancellation process and i would like to avoid it if it is not prone to higher risk or problem as long as we do not even use it.

kindly advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register