Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   29 August 2018

Leaving job during probation period

Hello 

I have a query about probation period.

I am working in a company for 4 months and because of some personal reason I have to leave the Job. So I resgined a week ago and I mentioned my last working date as 31st August. I thought it will be smooth ride. But now they are stoping my salary for whole month which means I will not be getting any salry for month of august. I need advice from experts that , is it legal doing so? Like for the month I have worked they are stoping my salary? 

I didn't signed any employment contract. It was just an offer letter which I signed. Where my probation period was 6 months. And there was no probation period mentioned there. And ya I dont want experience letter too. 

Though I thought absconding will no tbe the right thing to do. So i told them I am leaving. But now they are stoping my salary and they are playing dirty. 

Can you please advice me for the problem?

Thank You in advance. 

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     29 August 2018

Dear querist,

You need to check your offer letters what is mentioned if you leave in probation period.

If nothing is communicated to you in written about the same then send legal notice to your employer for FNF.

Thanks and Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Rahul   29 August 2018

According to my offer letter :

Probation: You shall initially be on probation for a period of 3 months from the effective start date of your employment with Company. Company may, at its sole discretion, at any time extend this period of probation upon notice to you. Only on successful completion of your probation and review thereof, you will be provided with a confirmation letter by HR Manager of the Company. In the case, Employee is not confirmed on or before the expiry of the original period of probation as mentioned above, his/her probation will be deemed to have extended even though no information is given to him/her in writing to this effect. During probation (original or extended) period the Company can dispense Employee’s services at any time, without assigning any reason, by giving two weeks’ notice or payment on two weeks’ salary.

Can you please advice me by reading this.

Thank You

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register