Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudeep (Planning engineer)     24 November 2015

How to file a pil against a corporate company?

Dear Sir,

Can you please tell me how to file a PIL against a corporate company?

If PIL doesn't apply to filing a case against a corporate company, kindly guide about how can I file a case against a corporate company regarding the violation in the 'Consideration of working hours of its employees'

Thanks & Regards,

Sudeep Kumar Batha

Learning

3 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     24 November 2015

File a complaint before the Government Labour Officer or Asst Commissioner of Labour.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2015

If the establishment has extracted work for more than stipulated work hours (8/day=48/week and exceeded cap on OT) and you have the evidence to establish,then you can stake a claim to OT before the authority that might be:

Inspector appointed under Shops & Estbs Act, Payment of Wages Act, Min Wages Act, Factory Act, O/o Labor commissioner.....................

Before you agitate build irrefutable evidence and proceed under the expert guidance of seasioned Employee's/Trade Union leaders and able Labor Law Consultant.............

Sudeep (Planning engineer)     25 November 2015

My grievance is against the corporates who are exploiting its helpless youth of their labour at work. There are many companies who are employing the people to work at odd hours(austraian/canadian etc timings). Here I don't complian about the odd timings, but I have seen numerous cases where employees have to travel for 1-2 hours in one way to reach the office by company's cab.It is a known fact that many of the service industry companies(like BPOs) are located at the out skirts of the city and it is often not possible for the employees to stay with in the vicinity of the company they have to travel say atleast 40 KMs(To & Fro) and 2-3 hours(To & Fro) everyday to reach the office. I have seen numerous cases who risk there health to commute everyday for such longer distances and for such longer times and yet corporates never consider this as a part of the employees productive time and effort. My view point is that corporates need to compensate for the hours their employees put up to recah the office everyday. Which means'Even travelling time should be considered as working hours'. This has already been implemented in europe with the apex courts intervention and order.

Thanks & Regards,

SUdeep Kumar Batha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More