How and where to lodge a complaint against a employer


I worked for 1 year in a BPO which is a PVT LTD company, I left my company by giving 30 days notice, however in my FNF settlement they deducted almost RS 20,000 from the total amount saying that i didn't serve the 30 days notice period. When i contacted my TL about this issue he assured me that this was just a error and will get this sorted out.He spoke with the HR dept and the Sr operations manager and informed me that may take a long time and he can't give me a date for the settlement. It's already been 2 months that i've left the job and still the settlement is not done. Also the leave balance encashment and the arears were not given. After following up for many days i am not getting any answer. So I request you to help me on how and where can i lodge a complaint so that i get the dues settled.

Thanks in advance.

Corporate & Criminal Lawyer

First of All you must send a demand notice through your Lawyer or union( on behalf of You) and 15 days notice will be served upon the mgmt/company and if the management compromise and refund your amount then good otherwise you will have to file a complaint before labour cum conciliation officer of your area where have lastly worked and they will try to settle your matter like a arbitrator but if the dispute is still exists then conciliation officer send your dispute to governer of the state delegated the power to state labour commissioner and they may refer ur dispute before labour tribunal or may not.I have told you the actual procedure so consider about it and take a initial steps to get your right.

Jai Hind

Adv. Vivek vashishth

ch. no. 258,Distt. court ,Panipat



practicing advocate

Issue legal notice to pay the arrears.  If co., failed to respond you then file a case in the labour court.

Manager (Admn)

Dear Sir,

What Mr. Rajeev Ji, suggested is right  and first you send a Formal notice by yourelf or through Advocate with time specification, if the Company not responded, then you can file a letter to Asst. Labour Commissioner, Within fifteen days the Asst.Commissioner Office  will call you and your company also for conciliation.   If the issue not settled there, then you can go for legal recourse.


Thanks all for your advice.

What should i include in the notice and what documents should i keep ready before lodging a complaint in labour court.


What is the exact time limit for getting Gratuity from an organisation?

electronic technician

Sir, i was employeed by an mnc on contract basis on daily wage basis but they have stopped calling me on job and they are not paying me the notice period amount to me..please help and guide me as they are not giving me my dues..



---- In a given situation employee can invoke the Industrial Employment standing orders Act, Payment of Wages Act, SE Act, and ID Act as per explanation of employee under these Enactments or approach civil court.

Companies burn extra energy to convince employee that he/she is not a workman as many of the enactments favor employee and limit the choice to employer. However designation alone does not decide employee is a workman or not.

As per Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946 employer should pay all wages and issue certificate on last day in office.

----If employee has tendered notice of resignation say of one month the date of retirement is known to employer and employer should disburse the gratuity on date of retirement on its own or the employee may submit form I to employer under acknowledgment. If the employer/HR/Line management is not good copy of Form I may also be submitted to Controlling Authority which may be ALC, under acknowledgment




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu