Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANSHU RESHI (QA)     17 April 2014

Greviances against employer

Hi,

I was employed with an international BPO for about a period of 6 months. I had some issues with my manager regarding her behaviour of talking to people and issues which she would create if we ever took a leave. So i raised a compliant with the higher managers and HR department through formal email stating that i would not be able to continue the service with the organisation.

The notice period for a resignation case with our company is 3 months as mentioned in our appointment letter failing which the employee or the employer would have to pay 3 months salary to either party in lieu of the notice period. But after this resignation email the HR came to me and said that the notice period has been waived off and the management would like you to resign immediately.

When i refused to resign the HR told me that the management is going to drag me into data fudging case and would terminate me as according to them i have been associated with a person against whom the management has certain issues, but the fact is that i have only heard about the person they were naming and that too in the office premises only. when i asked them to prove the same the HR told me that the management would ruin my career by dragging me to the court. i got afraid of the same and i resigned at the same moment. The HR took advantage of the situation and made me fill the exit formalities at the same time.

The same happened with another friend of mine at the same time as we both had raised complaints against the manager. She was also asked to fill in the exit formalities along with me. Now a few days later when we came to realize that it is the middle of the month and we are left with no job or a source of income to meet our daily expenses i discussed the same with some of my friends and with their suggestion i am posting the issue at this forum.

I hope that someone among you would be able to guide me to a better direction. Looking forward to your reply.

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2014

If the notice period has been waived off and you have been asked to resign, what is your problem, you were not asked to pay the company any compensation , is it?, what is your query?, be specific in what you want to ask.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     24 April 2014

Infact you were ready to give 3 months notice and to do the job for 3 months after giving resignation letter, but the employer with the connivance of its henchmen, threatened you to resign.  Since you have giving your resignation under threat and coercion, you are liable for 3 months salary.  You should have given a police complaint immediately.  But now it is very late.  

Give a complaint before the labour commission.  You will get your 3 months salary and apart from that the employer will be punished. 

ANSHU RESHI (QA)     24 April 2014

@ T.Kalaiselvan: sir my query is that I was forced to resign in the middle of the month that too while I was working in the office. I had no clue so as to what they were going to do. I am jobless and the full and final settlement in which I am going to get only 10 days salary will too happen after 60 days. I wanted to know if I file a complaint with the labour commission would I be able to get compensation from companies end and on usual basis how much time does the jury take to give a decision??? @Ravinder: thank you for the support and suggestion....

@ T.Kalaiselvan: sir my query is that I was forced to resign in the middle of the month that too while I was working in the office. I had no clue so as to what they were going to do. I am jobless and the full and final settlement in which I am going to get only 10 days salary will too happen after 60 days. I wanted to know if I file a complaint with the labour commission would I be able to get compensation from companies end and on usual basis how much time does the jury take to give a decision??? @Ravinder: thank you for the support and suggestion....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register