Employer not keeping promise


 I wanted some legal help with respect to my employment. . I was recruited in 2016 April. I was provided an email (by the recruiting manager) which promised me a position refitment into a higher designation. In that email he also mentioned that HR is in loop and they will do the needful in 2017 Jan cycle of promotions. The HR called me,before I joined and told me that this will be done but they cannot give anything on company letterhead.
In 2017 they did not provide me the relevant position refitment and I was released of that group. I started working for another group in 2017. Till now I have been working with this new group only. Recently I took up this case again with my current group and HR again. But they are now saying that this should have been done in 2017 and nothing can be done now.
I need to understand whether there is a legal recourse to all of these. Please note that the only formal evidence that I have is the email that was sent to me during my recruitment by recruiting manager.
If there is a possibility of filing a case I need to also understand the implications of this action.What steps can employer take against me?
Please let me know. 
Shomik Bhattacharyya
Retired employee.

If you want peace of mind at your work place and believe in destiny, wait for your opportunity with positive mind on your efficiency.   No employer takes or appreciates any litigation against them by employee, irrespective of facts,truth and justice.   It is purely left to your discretion as you are the affected party and members can not guide or assure you on any outcome of such litigation or your employer's stand.

(The stand of HR is peculiar.  When the assurance is due on 2018, it is already due by 2018 and delayed, it is not a medicine that is having any expiry date to state that the offer has closed in 2017)


What are the applicable laws that will safeguard my position?

Retired employee.

Can one have cake and eat it too.

When job is important, compromises are necessary.

If you want law, contact advocate, collect evidence and enter into uncertain litigation sacrificing hard earned money, time and mental peace but do not expect that any employer is too kind towards his employee filing a case against them.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu