LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Singh   23 February 2018

Divorce law

i want a divorce from my wife but i have doubt own wife she will be blame to me fake cahrges like dowary and voilence etc How can a protect myself from dowary case or voilence.

how much time it will take in whole procedure.

Learning

104 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 February 2018

When there is a dispute between husband & wife, the husband looking for divorce and wife looking for filling criminal complaints with regard to cruelty, dowry demand and domestic violence, nothing new and so will be in your case too. Whereas you look for advice for divorce from your wife, she must be looking for charging you for all the criminal acts whether done or not by you and your other family members/relatives.

How much time divorce will take if you file it can be few months or years or maybe the wife compromise for divorce by mutual consent after being paid handsome amount of money to her.

If you're looking for divorce lawyer in Delhi/NCR contact me; vijaymahajan5758@gmail.com 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 February 2018

When there is a dispute between husband & wife, the husband looking for divorce and wife looking for filling criminal complaints with regard to cruelty, dowry demand and domestic violence, nothing new and so will be in your case too. Whereas you look for advice for divorce from your wife, she must be looking for charging you for all the criminal acts whether done or not by you and your other family members/relatives.

How much time divorce will take if you file it can be few months or years or maybe the wife compromise for divorce by mutual consent after being paid handsome amount of money to her.

If you're looking for divorce lawyer in Delhi/NCR contact me; vijaymahajan5758@gmail.com 

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     23 February 2018

There is no sure short way to protect yourself from criminal charges except if you manage to convince your wife to agree for a MCD. Moreover anyone can initiate criminal cases but the chances of success vary from case to case based on the facts. 

If you file a contested case for Divorce, litigation can proceed for n number of years.  No fixed time can be provided at the outset.  

Thus the final call is in your hand whether you are mentally prepared to file for Divorce, given the above possibilities. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2018

Which personal law applies in this case e.g; Hindu?

Did register the marriage under Special Marriage Act?

Since how long you are married and are staying separately?

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2018

The divorce may be from court of law in your case.

If can be either contested or by mutual consent.

Both take time.

While MCD can be quick, easy once both spouses have agreed to their T&C and are willing to separate on agreed terms.

If there is NO agreement on MCD then be prepared to defend the charges/allegation if any on merits.

For which you must act in advance so that you can defend yourself before state/court.

Approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and having successful track record………………and worth his/her salt.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Rahul Singh
i want a divorce from my wife but i have doubt own wife she will be blame to me fake cahrges like dowary and voilence etc How can a protect myself from dowary case or voilence.how much time it will take in whole procedure.

Just mutual divorce which should be over in 6 months time to 18 months get dragged on to no end. That is the system.  Contested divorce will take 15-20 years to get over. Result is indefinite.

It is useless to approach court for matrimonial matters. You simply find middle way yourself.

(Guest)
i want a divorce from my wife but i have doubt own wife she will be blame to me fake cahrges like dowary and voilence etc How can a protect myself from dowary case or voilence.how much time it will take in whole procedure.

Just mutual divorce which should be over in 6 months time to 18 months get dragged on to no end. That is the system.  Contested divorce will take 15-20 years to get over. Result is indefinite.

It is useless to approach court for matrimonial matters. You simply find middle way yourself.

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register