LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun   25 October 2017

Defendant delays the case, not stepping into cage etc

Sir, My sister was married and after 20 years she found that her hubby was living with other female as well. Hence, she came out of from her hubby's place and filed for maintenance case stating she is the legally weded wife. My brother-in-law, her other lady-in-relation, their children were added as defendants in the suit. During the legal process the other lady was never present in the cage for enquiry & present of her case as one of the defendant. Only the main defendant (my brother in law) managed all the proceedings on behalf all the 4 defendants. Our side lawyer's arguement completed 3 months back and now they delay the case for the past 3 months just to test our patience. As a recent development, now they restart the case by filing a paper / evidence additionally. Main objective of theirs appears to delay the case and test our patience. 

At this stage, can we

1. Block all his businesses (he does couple of business in partnership with others)?

2. Request for our share - 50% of his monthly income from all his businesses?

3. Any other step we can do to disturb him as well?

4. Request the judge to fasten the proceedings highlighting his intentional delays

Please provide your feedback & support.

Regards,

Arju

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register