LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anu (editor)     22 July 2014

Can i sue my company because they fired me without revealing

Can I sue my company because they fired me without revealing the details? I worked there for 8 months.
The only thing the company said to me was that I have received negative feedback regarding my communication skills. They have not given me any details about the feedback. They just said in short that I was rude and not up to the mark in my communication skills.
I am very sure that I was never rude to anyone in the company! I never said anything illegal or bad to anyone in the company. Neither was I ever rude to anyone. I asked them for the contents of the feedback but they refused to share it with me saying that it was so that I do not fight with any one. But, in the Employee Orientation program, they had said that we can ask for a detailed feedback if we require it.
I had worked really hard during the bad times of the company, but now in my bad time, they just dumped me like a used tissue! I feel so used and annoyed! I had worked for 12 hours on some days.
And according to the company policies, I was supposed to be given a verbal warning, a written warning, as well as a final warning if I showed no improvement, before being thrown out.
The company is a leading publishing firm, headquarter in UK, but all the work is done in the India office. I was working in the India office.
They did not pay me any severance also. They just gave me my salary for the month I was fired.

Learning

1 Replies

Atulay Nehra (XYZ)     23 July 2014

Dear Anu,

Yes, you can sue your company for not giving you any notice period or explanation on your termination, subject to conditions as below

a. Your appointment letter mentions all the terms and clauses of Termination.

b. Whether it mentions that you can be terminated on negative feedback without giving you an opportunity for explanation.

c. Whether it mentions the details on your notice period by either party. 

There are multiple other points which can safeguard your interest and you can claim your unpaid salaries and FnF from the company - and sue them. 

For more available options please feel free to write to an.advocate at yahoo.com. 

Regards

Adv. Atulay Nehra

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register