Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pallav (Graduate Engineer Trainee)     02 July 2013

Being asked for undertaking and original mark sheets at time

Hi,

I was selected by a Private Limited Company 3 months ago during campus hiring .

the company took 10000 Rupees for the initial training ( i don't have proof of which but college authorities are aware of that).

they made an official offer letter also, in that they didn't mentioned any any bond or minimum commitment period.

But now at the time of joining the company HR is asking for submitting original mark sheets and give in writing a commitment of 3 years of service.

I would be grateful if you can let me know if this is illegal and how can i site the same to the HR so that he would be forced to withdraw these terms.

I would also want to know in the worst case scenario if the company do not agree and i will not join can i file a case and get compensation for ruining my career?

Thanks & Regards

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     06 July 2013

you need not deposit original marksheet with the company. kindly provide them with the attested copy for their record. companies do ask for a service bond for 3-5 years. that is not legal in india and in future it can be challenged in the court if it is required so.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2013

submission of original marksheet is submission to slavery.

you said "the company took 10000 Rupees for the initial training ( i don't have proof of which but college authorities are aware of that)."  you have paid disguised bribe and no proof will be given to you for payment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register