Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmendra Kumar (NA)     01 May 2014

Annual holiday and annual leave law

Sir,

I want to know 1. What is the Labour Law for Annual Holiday in Private Company? 2.How many days private company must have to give annual holidays.? 3. How many days annual leave to be provided to every employee in a year and what is the type of leave?

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2014

vague and academic qeury

SRIDHAR N L (MANAGER - HR & ADMIN.)     01 May 2014

As per the Factories Act, every employee who have completed 240 days of work in the preceding calender year are eligible for Earned leave with wages at the rate of one days for every 20 days worked in the preceding calender year i.e. from January to December.  

This is applicable universally.    

Otherwise Casual Leave is given which differs from company to company.   This can be  days or 10 days or 12 days.  If Casual leave and Earned leave are given seperately, we can implement a policy saying that Casual leave can be taken when en employee takes leave for less than three days i.e. upto two days and for this purpose he can produce leave application duly sanctioned either before or after taking leave.  But in case of Earned leave i.e. for more than three days, he need to take approval at least 15 days in advance if planned or in case of sick leave he must produce doctor fitness certificate from registered medical practisioner or so like this we can frame leave policy separately. 

This is the advantage of providing earned leave and other leaves separately. 

Thanks / regards,

Sridhar N L

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register