Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailesh shukla (none)     22 June 2012

498a

Hello friends,

I have this 498A filed against me and my mother . We have applied in the high court for quash. The problem here is that we are getting harrassed by the police officer who has filed this 498A against me and family.

Is there any thing that we can do about this. How to I stop this police from harrasssing my family. I am studying in Uk at the moment and I am student. This police officer is making the life of my family very difficult. He and my wifes lawyer brother are good friends.

Please advice on this friends. Has any one had similar problem like this while dealing with 498A ?

Thanking you all in anticipation,

Kind Regards

Shailesh Shukla

Learning

6 Replies

shalini (software engineer)     23 June 2012

Very simple  don't pick up their phone. They can not anything so don't afraid. Which state FIR has been lodge?

RANJEET SINGH (ADVOCATE)     23 June 2012

RECORD UR STATEMENT WITH POLICE THAT UR INNOCENT,  AND HELP THEM IN FINDING THE TRUTH , YOUR RECORDED VERSION WILL HELP U IN FUTURE CASE....

RANJEET SINGH (ADVOCATE)     23 June 2012

RECORD UR STATEMENT WITH POLICE THAT UR INNOCENT,  AND HELP THEM IN FINDING THE TRUTH , YOUR RECORDED VERSION WILL HELP U IN FUTURE CASE....

REDJEE (nil)     07 July 2012

During pendancy of 498a case ,a case u s 9 of H. M. Act filled by wife, is 498a still maintainable ???

(Guest)

Originally posted by : REDJEE

During pendancy of 498a case ,a case u s 9 of H. M. Act filled by wife, is 498a still maintainable ???

It is maintenable  because of these benefits to her now Redjee,

1) She will get huge amount at the time of withdrawing 498a

2) If sher come back in your house , she will not withdraw 498a and you will be like a pet animal for her.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 July 2012

Not picking up phone is not so easy solution.  It is going to be evidence of non-coopeation which can be useful to request court  to deny your bail.

You have to make it clear to higher authrities that he is having a nexus with the complainant and you should be able to prove the same. Unless you do so you can do nothng to prevent him from harassing. After arrresting you he can even apply for remand on the pretext of recovery of dowry and you can imagine.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register