LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anup shukla   20 August 2017

498a

My bhabhi filled a false dowry case in 0ctober 2012....and the chargesheet has been filled after 4 years that is april 2017..husband name was not in fir..knly mother father and brother in law....can we go for quash to high court...can we get any benefit regarding so delay in filling chargesheet...and when husband name is not in 498a....can u share ur opinion or any high court or supreme court rulling where husband name is not there and filling so late chargesheet... I would take ur advice.. Thanking you respected members

Learning

2 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     20 August 2017

Dear Anup,

you may move for quashing of chargesheet as there is a delay in filing and if no reasons are given then you may move. also have to see allegations, if vague allegatiions are there it will be a fit case for quash

You may read 498a-quash-against-relatives

Adv. Nitish Banka

Founder lexspeak  

-

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     20 August 2017

Hi! Indeed you can move for the quashing for the charge sheet in the High Court of your state. If indeed the court deems that the ingredients of the offence cannot be made out from the face of the charge sheet or if it notes any discrepancies in the charge sheet, the F.I.R. will be quashed. All rests upon the court's discretion in the end. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register