Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

498 grounds after divorce

Hi 

I am new here and i need help over my present situtation, So i am look for somebody to help me. So my situation is that i have been married in March 2011 after marriage my wife said that she is not interested in getting married and didnot even allowed me to touch. She would create a scene when ever we are alone and when  ever we are at her home. At my parents place she behaved as if she doesnot know anything. i used to live in bangalore. Her in lnlaws told us that she was employed in a new start up and she is working in hyderabad. So i have left to bangalore for my work and she left to hyderabad. She used to call me every one hour and used to say that i need to talk to her, if i say i am busy she used to start creating a scene for that. She used to call my parents and her parents and used to tell them that i am roaming with other girls and evern worse used to say that i am sleeping with other girls and so she wants out of this relation. First i thought she was acting childish but one time when she came to bangalore she got chicken pox and as i dont have any of my friends in town i have a taken a help of one my colleague(Girl) to take care of her as i need to goto office or to get her food.By the mean time she became friend with this girl and have taken her number. When she have left for treatment to her place she used to call my colleague as used to say that she has feelings for her and started telling everything against me and my family. When i came to know that and ask her she said everything was a lie. When i told her that i have heared her once speaking to my colleague over the phone then she said that she was sorry and would never do that again. This has happened for almost three to four months and she has tortured me to that extent in these three to four months that i have literally started loosing interest in work and had been warned by managers many times for not wokring up to mark. After this i introduced her to my other colleagues and now this time also she have done the same thing and started creating rumors all about me in my office having affairs with my other colleagues. To get away from this i have joined an other organisation and started working there.At this time she has filed a 498A and have got me and my father and mother arrested. The arrest has also been planned and have been made on the national holidays time so that i could not able to get bail easily. Due to this sudden shock my parents have fallen sick in the jail due to the mental breakdown. After 8 days i and my family have been out of the jail. Then the extortion started out. They have asked us to pay 50 lakhs in cash for settling this issue or have informed us through our lawyer that we would face further dire consequences. The case was still pending in the court of law. By the mean time she has filed for annulation of marriage and as there was no  other option i have also agreed for the same and she have filed in court that she would require a compensation of 30 lakhs for this. Due to the good nature of the judge he has given us the divorce and said as this is a family court that it was not be his duty to provide with alimony. So now i have got the divorce(actually in the order it was given as anulled due to mutual concern) Mow my question is that as 498a is still pending in court whether the case would stand and she has filed the divorce case and in the presence of judge she have mentioned that she would not be living with me and need a divorce where as i have asked for settlement thorough court for not letting go of our marriage as still i love her and want to live with her. So now could nay one tell me what should i do and how should i proceed for the 498a case. Please somebody help me on this.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Unfortunately 498 a still goes on after marriage until you are acquited or your wife agreed for compromise and you can file in High Court for compounding the offence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register