Home > Experts > Labour & Service Law > registration under building and other construction workers a

registration under building and other construction workers a (Labour & Service Law)

Posted On 02 January 2010 at 17:58

Hi all, i want to know about the procedure for registration under this act in Uttar pradesh and to whom the application is to be sent for this purpose

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 02 January 2010 at 18:42

After framing the bye-laws submit with prescribed fee to the Registrar Co-operative Societies of your area.

Expert : adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

Posted On 02 January 2010 at 20:22

I agree with Raj Sir,

Expert : Vijayarajan

Posted On 03 January 2010 at 06:50

I hope the question is raised about the registration under under the building and other construction workers welfare fund act and scheme. In kerala the registration has to be taken at the office of the District Labour officer (E), who has been notified as the registering authority.

Expert : Elamaran Perumal

Posted On 03 January 2010 at 07:29

Hi friends,
The Buildings & Other Construction Workers(RoE&CoS),1996 is a Central enactment and under which States and Centre Governments are allowed to frame their own rules considering the labour scenario prevelant in their own sphere. Under the BOCWA,1996 in some States, the Asst. Commissioner of Labour is designated as Registering Officer whereas in some other,the authority may be either Inspector of Labour or ACL or DCL. I think it would be better if you make a visit to the nearby Labour Inspector's Office to get to know the things.

Expert : Sunita Lad

Posted On 03 January 2010 at 12:32

The application shall have to be made under the Building and other Construction workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act 1996 in Form I as prescribed under the Central Rules or as prescribed by the State Government. The authority to implement the act is vested also with Factory Inspector in some of the states. You may check with ACL's office first.