let me know the time limit to file cheque bounce case

please let me know the time to file a cheque bounce from the darte of bounce of the cheque.

The cheque was bounced on 23-02-2011.

Shall I send a notice to defaulter or not required.

if required than tell someone why is is required.

To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at lciconnect@lawyersclubindia.com 

Selva Kumar (Expert)

Notice is mandatory to send, because according to audi autem partem, if from the sight of notice itself, opponent may settled the matter.
after the cheque was bounced, notive have to issue within 30 days from the date of return memo demanding to settle the matter within 15 days,
when the opponent recived the notice, from which the statutory period runs upto 15 days to settle or defend
after the completition of 15 days, even he not come forward to settle the matter, the holder of cheque may file a complaint before appropriate court within 30 days.

if the same was filed after 30 days, the delay may be condoned by the magistrate for reasonable reasons.

Ajay Bansal (Expert)

Agreed with Selva.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert)

I do also agree with Mr Selva.

×