Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Family Law > ipc 125 maintenance

Please Wait ..

ipc 125 maintenance (Family Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 01 March 2010 at 18:52

i want to know
(1) how court decides maintenance under ipc 125 ?
(2) once fianlized, the maintenance value may change time to time, if yes, who can change ?
(3) for howmuch time i would to pay mainteancne as i am ready to bring my wife back and she neighter wants to come back nor wants to give divorce ? what to do in such circumtances ?


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : Parveen Kr. Aggarwal

Posted On 01 March 2010 at 22:42

1. It is not IPC but section 125 of the Cr. P. C. (Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973) whereunder maintenance is decided. The considerations for the court while deciding such application are the relationship of the parties, the justification of grant of maintenance and the income of the respondent.

2. Yes. Maintenance amount may be varied on change of circumstances.

3. There is no time limit fixed. You have the option either to settle the disputes by making lump sum payment in lieu of maintenance or to continue paying maintenance every month.

Expert : Member (Account Deleted)

Posted On 02 March 2010 at 09:06

i am of similar opinion as Mr Parven. I do agree with him.

Expert : raj kumar makkad

Posted On 02 March 2010 at 09:24

Nothing is required to be added anything in the opinion of parveen.

Expert : Shraddha Dalvi

Posted On 02 March 2010 at 11:57

Under CrPC 125

1)Court will first see the income and the expenditure of the Respondent and accordingly will pass the order.

2) Yes amount can vary.If you are unable to pay maintenance after sum time u can put Misc.Appln for reduction of the maintenance then Court will decide

3)You have to pay either lumpsum to settle the matter or have to pay on monthly basis.If your wife is working and capable of maintaining herself the u need to prove that in court by getting her salary slip, appointment letter etc.

Expert : Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate

Posted On 02 March 2010 at 16:46

expert praveen & shraddha have clearfy it very well.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics