Tenancy right

This query is : Resolved 

30 March 2019

Hi this is Ansari, i wanted to ask , i live in a pagdi system building since 20 Years , the rent bill is in name of my grand father , my my grand father died 50 years back, and still the is in my grand fathers name, we are 3 brothers and 2 sister, but i was in the house for 20 to 25 years, what should i do to transfer the rent bill in my name.

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
31 March 2019

20 years continuous living cannot grant any right unless the legal heirs relinquish rights in your favour.

Suresh Pillai (Expert)
01 April 2019

Many aspects are required to be verified as such:

1) Monthly Income of your family since the commencement of Pagdi System,
2) Cost of the house at the time of construction.
3) Cost of the house at the time of commencement of Pagdi.
4) Present Market Value of the house.
5) Amount of Rent (Monthwise) so far paid since the commencement of Pagdi.
6) What are other moveable and immovable properties (including inherent properties already received or likely to be received) occupied by your family?

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
03 April 2019

1. In your case, the Pagdi Rent receipt can be transferred in your name by the Land Lord, with written consent of the residual legal heirs of the deceased.

2. Convince the Land Lord to transfer it in your name (IF others are not staying in the house for more than 12 years) without the consent of other legal heirs. Usually the Land Lord agrees, if there is no dispute.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Ansari (Querist)
04 April 2019

My father gave me affidavit , that this room should be transfered to my first son (ie me), is there any chance to get the receipt under my name by small causes court

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu