Legal status of house paying house tax to village panchayat


Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
26 September 2018

Respected sirs, My query is whether house which pays house tax to village panchayat for last 20 years, having electricity connection and PWD water connection. Does it has any legal status? (house is located in Goa)

Isaac Gabriel (Expert)
27 September 2018

Check with village records or Sub Registry.

27 September 2018

Dear Sir,
Normally the house paid tax receipts and other related receipts do not confer any title on the person who resides in such house. However such documents may help in proving adverse possession depending upon various other issues.

I could have explained more if background is known to me. I am at your service if you visit my office.

CLICK ‘like’ if satisfied or CLICK ‘Talk to Lawyer‘ for further clarifications

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
27 September 2018

Respected Kishan Dutt Sir,
Actually we pay house tax in my fathers name and my father is part owner of the land on which house is built. Total area of house is 40 sq mts. Total area of land along with the area of house is 345sq mts. Land is registered in the name of my father and his 3 brothers. The land is a agricultural land. House is not on survey records and we live in that house. Now my query is how can we legalise that house (only 40sq mts)? and construct it without any legal hurdles? (only 40sq mts)
I will be most greatful to you Sir, if you could guide me on this.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu