Stamp duty

This query is : Resolved 

22 May 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,
I've property at Karjat in name of my wife. Nowadays, I have to transfer it in my name.
Which way is beneficial deed or transfer deed to transfer it without paying stamp duty ?
Kindly advise.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
22 May 2019

Dear querist, your wife may execute Gift Deed in your favour. No exemption of stamp duty. But in most of States, the Stamp duty payable to Gift deed is reduced to less amount. so check in your state.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
23 May 2019

Show the title document to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation, analyses, guidance and proceeding.
"Gift Deed" is the only form of transfer of property in your name.
Stamp duty differ from a state to another state. When you are getting so much property thorough your wife which is "unearned" and "without any efforts", what is the problem in payment of stamp duty, pay it willingly, as applicable.

krishna mohan (Expert)
23 May 2019

Gift deed is the best option. You can consult the Document writer or a lawyer for right advise after perusal of documents

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu