Share certificate lost by secretary of housing society

This query is : Resolved 

19 April 2019

In a conveyed housing society located in Mumbai, a deceased member's wife gave Share Certificate to Secretary of Society for purpose of transfer in her name (after completing all required formality). that member have acknowledgement from secretary that given for transfer. Now Secretary lost share certificate & trying searching for 2 years but could not find.

Can Secretary / Society directly issue new/ duplicate share certificate to that member ? if yes
any resolution need to pass in committee meeting or special meeting or AGM for same ? or
without meeting society can give new/duplicate certificate ?
any police NC need to be given by secretary ?

Experts please help to give smooth service to this member

P. Venu (Expert)
21 April 2019

What is the stand of the Secretary/Society?

Yeshu (Querist)
22 April 2019

Venu sir, that secretary is ex.secretary & new committee with ex.secretary tried searching 2-3 times in office but couldnt find it. now ex.secretary says give duplicate share certificate to member. is it the right way to do it or is there any other proper bylaws procedure available ...pls guide

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
22 April 2019

1. IF Society /Secretary has lost the Share Certificate, THEN pass a proper resolution in the committee meeting to issue DUPLICATE share certificate to the member, at the cost of the Society.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Yeshu (Querist)
04 May 2019

Thanks all experts for advise

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu