Right of granddaughter in grandfathers property

This query is : Resolved 

03 February 2013


My query is regarding my wife's share in her grandfathers property.

Her grandfather bought/owned a property in delhi after partition, having moved here in the fifties.

After his death (without writing a will) does my wife have equal share in that property and can she file for partition of the property in the lifetime of her father without his wish?

As, her father wants to will it only to his sons and give nothing to his daughter(my wife).

Will appreciate your expert views.


Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
05 June 2013

The property is ancestral in the hands of your FIL and your wife has a share in this property.

Anirudh (Expert)
05 June 2013

It will all depend upon lot of information. To start with:

1. What is the source of funds of your Grand father? What proof you have in this regard?

2. When did he die?

3. The property is in whose name now?

4. Who are all his son(s) and daughter(s)?

5. Whether your grand mother is alive?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu