Regarding cheque bounce and charge sheet

This query is : Resolved 

28 April 2019

have 2 questions. kindly help

1) if I file cheque bounce case, the other party has to pay 50% immediately as per new rules? what does the rule say?

2) after filing FIR, in how many days charge sheet has to be filed by police people? any time limit for this?

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
30 April 2019

What is the problem ?
Vague facts make the post as an examination hall question paper.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
30 April 2019

1. Cheque bounce case is a "private criminal case" and has to be filed u/s 138, by the complainant in the Magistrates Court. Complainant is entitled to 20% of the cheque amount as "interim relief", which has to be returned with interest to the Accused, IF accused gets acquitted.

2. Police has no jurisdiction to register any FIR or file Charge-Sheet, for cheque bounce matters, unless it is a case of forgery & fraud etc....

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu