Home > Experts > Labour & Service Law > REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICAL EXPENSES

REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICAL EXPENSES (Labour & Service Law)

Posted On 24 August 2010 at 11:58

I am retired Haryana Govt. employee and eligible for reimbursement of medical expenses incurred for treatment of myself and dependents. I am also holding a Mediclaim Policy of United Insurance (PSU) for Rs.1.00. Can any one guide me, if I can claim reimbursement of medical expenses from both i.e. State Govt. as also from Insurance Company ?

Expert : s.subramanian

Posted On 24 August 2010 at 14:43

No you cannot claim from both. If you are subrogated by the insurance company,then it is the insurance company which is spendiong the money and not yourself. Therefore any claim by you to the state government for the same thing will be illegal and fraudulent.

Expert : mahendrakumar

Posted On 25 August 2010 at 05:59

there is no ilegality in it,since you are claiming the payment by paying the premium.LIC has health insurance policies,wherein you can claim with copies of bills and there is no restrictions regarding claiming for the same treatment from elsewhere

Now it depends on the terms of your policy and the medical reimbursement scheme of your state,as sometime you got to make an undertaking that no claims are being made from anywhere else.

Posted On 27 August 2010 at 12:40

Can you quote any citation on the subject as there are two contradictory judgements on the issue.