Query regarding notary

Hello dear lawyers,

A partnership deed which was executed in 1999.

This deed has notary stamp which is not as per notary act 1956 section 12 which states that "Every notary shall use a plain circular seal of a diameter of 5 c.m. as indicated by a drawing given below, bearing his name, the name of the areas within
which he has been appointed to exercise his functions, the registration number,expiry date
and the circumscription "NOTARY", and the name of the Government which appointed
him."

The notary seal on that deed does not include name of notary, regn no. of notary, expiry, name of area and the seal is not circular/round.
My question is-

1) Is this a fake notary stamp?
2) Since the notary was executed in 1999, at that time any advocate was able to put a stamp on any deed or only government-appointed notary had the power to do it?

I am stuck in a big civil court case due to this forged deed, So, please clarify my doubts.

Please post the complete facts.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)

1. In the described circumstances, the said Notary is Null & Void, for all legal purposes.

Irrespective of the Validity of Notary Public mentioned by you the concerned Deed is a Valid Document accepted by the Court. Better concentrate on your Legal Proceedings with out wasting time on un wanted things which will not serve any purpose

×