Home > Experts > Civil Law > Purchase of Stamp paper on others name in Maharashtra

Purchase of Stamp paper on others name in Maharashtra (Civil Law)

Posted On 14 June 2011 at 17:20

I wish to purchase stamp paper on other person's name in Maharashtra. Plz guide me is there any notification/circular pertaining to purchase of stamp paper on other person's name.

Expert : PALNITKAR V.V.

Posted On 14 June 2011 at 17:31

The stamp paper has to be purchased in the name of person who wants to use it. There is a circular to that effect. Presently I am out of town. I will try to find it on net and let you know if i get it.You can also try to search GRs on Mah Govt site

Posted On 14 June 2011 at 17:35

Thanks Sir, I have tried to search it for the same, but unable to get it. Kindly send me the circular.

Expert : R.Ramachandran

Posted On 14 June 2011 at 18:33

Dear Anonymous,

The Stamp Paper is to be purchased in the name of the person who is going to use it - it can be either of the party e.g. buyer or vendor etc. But it cannot be purchased on anybody else's name and used. Any document executed on a stamp paper which was purchased on third party name will not be valid, even if registered.

Unless you are interested in seeing the circular for academic purpose, you need not waste time in locating the circular, or non-availability of circular need not detain you from purchasing the stamp paper in the name of the proper person.

Posted On 15 June 2011 at 18:19

Hi sir,

I came across with an experience where I was intending to purchase the stamp paper on the name of my company, The stamp vendor has denied for the stamp paper because he was asking me to bring some autority letter pertaing to that. same thing was happened with my collegue he was denied to purchase the stamp paper on his wife's name. the stamp vender told us, he cannot give stamp paper to anyone. For this purpose I wish to know that if there is any circular pertaing to this. If avilable please guide.