Property mutation hold by collector

Dear Sirs,

I applied for mutation of property on the basis of registered will local municipal office. Municipal office cleared the file and was about to give me documents. But now my brother has approached collector and he has kept my process on hold. What should I do now??

You have to approach the collector and see that the file is cleared by passing considered order.

Please mark “LIKE” if satisfied by my answer.

Dear querist, Who executed the Will? As per Will, who is the beneficiary? why did your brother approach the collector while you are dealing the subject matter? What are the contents of the will? are there any conditions in the will?There is no clarity in your query.

Pankaj (Querist)

I am the sole beneficiary of the will. When municipalaty published in newspaper seeking objections, he did not raise any. Now he has requested collector to hold stating that municipal office used wrong process.

What is the property?
Where the property is located?
Whether the testator was absolute owner of the property bequeathed?
What is the objection of your brother?
No proper opinion can be formed and obliged from the given incomplete facts.
Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, guidance and proceeding.

krishna mohan (Expert)

More clarity needed before giving any views. You can approach a legal expert on civil matters for the right advise after perusal of all documents towards your ownership.

×