Property Tax Documents not Provided by Builder-Gaothan Plot

This query is : Resolved 

01 April 2010


I would like to explain in detail here what problems I have with the case history.

I reside in Navi Mumbai and bought this flat in May 2008. It is a Gaothan Plot with Tri-party agreement + CC + OC + Stamp Duty Registration + Possession Letter from the builder.

Electricity Connection was active within 15 days of me taking the possession.

Residential Water Connection just came in January 2010 after millions of requests done to the builder.

Society is not registered yet as in total there are 7 flats in the building out which 4 are occupied and 3 still not sold.

Now the real issue is as follows:

I want to sell this flat for which I would need the following:

1. NOC from the Builder and he may charge for the same.
2. Property Tax Documents which builder has not shared yet and yesterday he told me that he is yet to receive the same from the legal authorities.

I would like to have an expert advise here as how can I get the property tax documents on my name as it's been almost 2 years and I am not aware of the property tax. Builder told me that once he gets the property tax bill, he will divide it by 7 flats and once we all pay him the amount he will than transfer the individual names for their relevant flat's property tax. I am sure he will delay this entire process as you know how these small time builders are!

Kindly advise me with the right steps here so that I can act on it ASAP and get the correct documentation done legally.

I don't have any knowledge on this and perhaps that is the reason I have been cheated when it comes to legal documentations.

I don't mind spending some money to consult a good lawyer for my case but I want the resolution in next 2 months so you may even email me / provide some contact details of good lawyers in Navi Mumbai who can immediately act on my case and help me out.

Amish Sheth

raj kumar makkad (Expert)
02 April 2010

repeated quarry

Amish Sheth (Querist)
02 April 2010

Hello Raj, I would really appreciate your inputs here as am waiting for one fine legal advice on the above. Please help!!!

raj kumar makkad (Expert)
03 April 2010

I advise you to take the services of a good local lawyer who shall serve a legal notice on your behalf to the builder with a copy to municipality (BMC) for the needful done otherwise you shall have no other option but to initiate consumer complaint against the builder.

There are various lawyers of Mumbai in this club. You may contact any of them for this purpose.

Tribhuwan Pandey (Expert)
05 June 2010

I agree with Mr. raj kumar makkad.
Consult local lawyer and send legal notice to the builder.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu