Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Civil Law > Normally police will give CSR as a receipt of the complaint.

Please Wait ..

Normally police will give CSR as a receipt of the complaint. (Civil Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : pratik

Posted On 20 August 2010 at 23:43

1) Normally police will give CSR as a receipt of the complaint. So what do u mean by CSR .

2) The FIR will reflect the original complaint and additional information. But, once the FIR is registered you can not change.

The charge sheet cannot be altered. Only additional charge sheet can be filed after conducting the further investigation. This info provided in the additional charge sheet may contradict the first charge sheet. Which Section says the above mentioned matter also. There is no such provision under the CPC & CRPC to amend a criminal complaint & also a civil complaint. (Complaint defines a FIR in nature). So can any LD members say that which sections says that when a FIR is registrerd under the police station no one can amend or alter the FIR whether it is a civil complaint or criminal complaint in nature. OR any sections says that if the chargesheet if prepared than we can alter or amend the FIR or before it. & when the chargesheet if prepared & why what is the basic points of the chargesheet & how much it is imp in terms of indian evidence act. or who much it is useful to win a case. can a chargesheet can be alter or amend after the chargesheet is presented to the court or before it. Defination of chargesheet & its provisions.

Thanks In Advance.


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : s.subramanian

Posted On 21 August 2010 at 07:59

1.Community service Register.
2. Yes. It cannot be altered.There is no provision in law which eanbles an alteration of the FIR.
3. Read Sec.156 Cr.P.C.A charge sheet may be amended or altered by filing supplementary or additional charge sheet.Charge sheet is nothing but a final report filed after investigation which forms the basis of a criminal case.It will contain the basis of the charges levelled against the accused for the commission of crimes alleged against him.

Expert : s.subramanian

Posted On 21 August 2010 at 08:01

The only execption to the rule relating to FIR is when an offence originaly alleged turns into another offence the police has the power to alter the FIR to add that offence in the FIR.


Posted On 21 August 2010 at 08:13

can FIR can be altered ?

to my knowledge, it cannot be altered.

After investigation, the inclusions and alterations can be made and the same is called as Charge Sheet, is it not?

Expert : Shashikant Patil

Posted On 21 August 2010 at 10:58

FIR cannot be altered. But if any more sections are to be apply are left to charge the person then in that case additional or supplimentary charge sheet can be framed against the offender.

Expert : s.subramanian

Posted On 21 August 2010 at 21:55

Even an FIR can be altered For example in cases of suspicious death the FIR is registered under Sec.174 Cr.P.C. On investigation,if the police conclude that it is a case of murder,the FIR can be altered into 302 I.P.C. Similarly when a case case is regsitered under Sec.307 IPC for attempr to murder and subsequently the victim dies without responding to medical treatment the FIR can be altered into 302 IPC.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics