Home > Experts > Legal Documents > Non creamy layer certificate

Non creamy layer certificate (Legal Documents)

Author : Vaibhav Jain

Posted On 11 February 2012 at 15:07

what is this means sir.......can u please tell me in details i m staying in thane district,(nallasopara)

Expert : V R SHROFF

Posted On 11 February 2012 at 15:18

NON CREAMY LAYER CERTIFICATE IS ISSUED BY COLLECTOR THANE , as u r resident of Thane as you said in CHAT, + ur query.

it can be used to get heavy concession in your educational fees, as well as entrance in degree colleges etc.

You can go to Vasai Court, Nearly inquire, you can get it from there

Expert : Deepak Nair

Posted On 11 February 2012 at 15:38

The creamy layer is a term used to refer to the relatively wealthier and better educated members of the OBCs who are not eligible for government sponsored educational and professional benefit programs. As per the government policy the "creamy layer" should be excluded from the reservations (quotas) of civil posts and services granted to the OBCs.

Non Creamy Layer certificate means the certificate showing that you are an OBC but not comes under Creamy Layer (wealthier & better educated) so as to be eligible for the government schemes for such classes.

As you are from Nalla sopara, to obtain the non creamy layer certificate, you have to approach the Tahsildar's office in Vasai, whih is neaer the Court and panchayat Samiti Office in Vasai (West).

to obtain non cramy layer certificate, you shall have the caste certificate showing that you are OBC. If you don't have the same, you have to obtain the OBC certificate. Then only you will become eligible to apply for non-creamy layer certificate.

Expert : Deepak Nair

Posted On 11 February 2012 at 15:46

As per my knowledge, the validity period of a Non Creamy Layer Certificate is 3 years. After the expiry of the said 3 years, you have to apply for the same again showng your income is not exceeding the prescribed limit as provided by the law. I think, now the limit of income in this regard is 4 lacs per annum.

Expert : Rajeev Kumar

Posted On 11 February 2012 at 16:18

Mr.Nair has abundantly guided you in this regard

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 11 February 2012 at 17:20

yes nothing to add more.

Expert : sankar narayanan

Posted On 11 February 2012 at 17:50

Nothing to add more