Notary

Hello dear lawyers,

A partnership deed which was executed in 1999.
This deed has notary stamp which is not as per notary act 1956 section 12 which states that "Every notary shall use a plain circular seal of a diameter of 5 c.m. as indicated by a drawing given below, bearing his name, the name of the areas within which he has been appointed to exercise his functions, the registration number,expiry date and the circumscription "NOTARY", and the name of the Government which appointed him."

The notary seal on that deed does not include name of notary, regn no. of notary, expiry, name of area and the seal is not circular/round.

My question is-
1) Is this a fake notary stamp?
2) Since the notary was executed in 1999, at that time any advocate was able to put a stamp on any deed or only government-appointed notary had the power to do it? I am stuck in a big civil court case due to this forged deed, So, please clarify my doubts.

What were you doing since the year 1999 till date i.e., last 20 years?
Show the document to the lawyer engaged by you for proper appreciation, guidance and proceeding.

×