Misused my name and contact

My office colleague asked my name, contact address for reference in his personal loan. he paid 45% of the loan and he is not paying loan for 7 months. hdfc persons calling me you are in permanent address as well you responsible for his personal loan. Now i get to know he misused my name, contact no and address in permanent address...HDFC threatening me your are responsible to pay otherwise you have face legal action of the bank.?

What to do? give me a solution to relive me from this problem?

pls help me..

If you have not signed as Surety for loan taken by your colleague, then you are not liable to pay the balance loan. However consult a local advocate for further guidance.

Please also check if he has forged your signature or you have signed any guarantee. Without this bank will not be approaching you.

Mahendran (Querist)

Dear Sudhir Sir,

The applicant used my address as permanent address. hdfc person asked me you name contact and address in permanent address so we taken you as equivalent to guarantor. you also forged our bank.

is it possible to change permanent address?

You are still not clear with facts.

Have you given signed any telephonic verbal guarantee.

Have you ever telephonically confirmed that borrower is using your address.

×