Maximum size of an approved dtcp housing plot at chennai

I request for the following clarifications :-

What can be the maximum size of a single sub-divided Housing Plot admissible in a DTCP approved layout in Chennai / Tamil Nadu.for residential purpose.

Beyond which size a land is treated as farm land / agricultural land.

Kindly clarify the above.

Local laws apply.
As you may be aware this platform is meant for worldwide.
Consult a local prudent lawyer.

MUKESH K MOHAN (Querist)

Dear Mr.Vashista,
I agree local laws apply. However I do not understand what do you mean by that this platform is meant for "WORLDWIDE". The forum is named "Lawyersclubindia.com" means all legal aspects can be discussed within the jurisdiction of India. I have seen Experts giving so many valuable suggestion with citations as "Mumbai High Court" which shows that the discussion is akin to that particular region. I can be given an answer with the prevailing rule in general if not very specific. Or an expert who is familiar with Chennai/Tamil Nadu property law can choose to give me some reply to have an idea. That is what a Querist in general will expect.

The Extent of proposed lay out for approvals -- above 5 Acres in respect of corporation, municipality and town panchayat and a above 10 acres in Rural areas.

There is no upper limit as you mention and every thing is subject to approvals

There could be no limit for single sub divided housing plot.

Once the Approvals for Residential Purpose is issued there would be no question of converting it to Agriculture land or Farm area and it is applicable to all over India including Chennai Or Tamilnadu

×