Lessee absconding

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
06 December 2017

I had given my property on rent, 11 month lease agreement. but the Lessee is absconding for more than a year now. He was there only for a month. and no rent is being paid since then. I made a police complaint about an absconding Lessee but nothing happened till date. Please suggest what can be done to get early eviction and possession of the property.

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
06 December 2017

the period of lease is completed or not? the deed needed to be verified. consult a local lawyer.

N.K.Assumi (Expert)
06 December 2017

Did he pay you advance rent?

Madhu (Expert)
07 December 2017

First and most imp. don't be anonymous

Dhingra: 1962dcg@gmail.com (Expert)
Click to Talk
07 December 2017

Lease is already expired, you have no liability to extend lease. But certainly you would be held responsible for any blame about loss or misappropriation of your tenant's belongings, if you break open the lock. However, appropriate process would have to be required to regain the property in to your possession without attracting any legal implication on your part.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
11 December 2017

No reply for anonymous author, sorry.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu