Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Civil Law > Land acquisition

Please Wait ..

Land acquisition (Civil Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Rakesh Pullamcheru

Posted On 17 February 2017 at 09:49

Our land had been acquired by the government during 1986 (the acquirement is just confined to papers but not psychical possession). They paid very less megar compensation to our grandparents. But the government has not physically acquired and not even deducted the extent of land in our passbooks and we are in peaceful possession of the land. So is there any provision to fight against the government to claim my land as it's not acquired.


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha

Posted On 17 February 2017 at 09:53

Better not to awake the sleeping devil.Make your Own Legal Preparations and Keep Ready including the Stay Petitions.You could start your Legal Defence when the Govt Starts with any Possession activities.

Expert : N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha

Posted On 17 February 2017 at 10:53

Also Keep Paying all the Relevant Taxes Up to Date /Or in Advance which would be Supportive in your Plead.

Expert : Rajendra K Goyal

Posted On 17 February 2017 at 20:33

It seems the Government has not used the acquired land for the purpose it was acquired even after passage of more than 30 years. Discuss with senior lawyer dealing such cases, regarding provisions to return land in such conditions, show him all related documents and proceed as per his advice.

Expert : Kumar Doab

Posted On 17 February 2017 at 21:20


If the land acquired is not used for assigned purpose, approach a very able counsel specializing in such matters.

Till then avoid creating noise.

Expert : Sri Vijayan.A

Posted On 17 February 2017 at 21:25

If the land had been acquired for a public purpose and a compensation amount has been paid and the purpose is not fulfilled or dropped, the government has to return the property.

It cant sell the property to any other persons or it cannot use the same for any other purpose.

In your case, it is understood that the government has not utilised the land for the purpose for more than 30 years which means the project has been dropped.

You file writ.

Consult a local lawyer who has good knowledge over this type of case.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics