Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter


Search for Lawyers          

Home > Experts > Property Law > Intestate/ Succession Certificate

Please Wait ..

Intestate/ Succession Certificate (Property Law)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

Author : Anonymous

Posted On 17 July 2010 at 19:58

Husband died without nominating for any of his bank accounts/ transactions. Wife was advised by bank to get a Succession Certificate. Could someone pls tell me the procedure/ court to apply for the same n how probate comes into picture here. Location is Bangalore


To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 

Expert : Adv Archana

Posted On 17 July 2010 at 20:05

Probate is required only in case of will.

Expert : Parveen Kr. Aggarwal

Posted On 17 July 2010 at 20:50

For getting Succession Certificate, a petition is to be filed before the District Court under the provisions of the Indian Succession Act, 1925.

As rightly stated by Adv. Archana probate is required only in case of will and in case of death of husband intestate, the probate does not come into picture.

Expert : J. P. Shah

Posted On 17 July 2010 at 22:14

For getting deposits by heirs of deceased account holders, it is not necessary to produce succession certificate, provided there is no dispute among heirs. This is as per RBI circular.

RBI has recently on 01-07-2010 repeated its directives by issuing fresh master circular on customer service, which includes settlement of death claims. It is available at

Please draw attention of bank manager to clause No. 20.2 of this circular.

Expert : Devajyoti Barman

Posted On 17 July 2010 at 22:14

Click to Talk

Get in touch with a local lawyer.

Expert : adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

Posted On 17 July 2010 at 22:34

She has to file a P & Sc petition in the civil court to get a succession certificate to produce before the bank authorities.


Posted On 18 July 2010 at 07:05

Wife along with children can apply before district court having jurisdiction for issuance of succession certificate in her favour. The same is to be given no objection endorsement from other heirs

Expert : Chanchal Nag Chowdhury

Posted On 18 July 2010 at 11:58

Probate is granted only if there is a Will.Succession certificate is granted on the Debts payable to the Estate of the deceased.
It is therefore advised that U make a thorough check-list of all movables e.g. other bank a/cs., LIC policies,PF,Share certificates etc.which are not in your hands & file 1 Succession certificate case for all.



You need to be the querist or approved Lawyersclubindia expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Queries :

Quick Links

Browse By Category

Subscribe to Experts Feed
Enter your email to receive Experts Updates:

web analytics