Information of a party against pan /tan no.

This query is : Resolved 

23 March 2012

Dear Friends,

Can any body tell the address of the agency (Income Tax Dept/ NSDL) as to how can I can get details of address of a party in delhi by giving PAN/TAN number, through RTI application.


Shonee Kapoor (Expert)
23 March 2012

PAN doesnot has address attached to it.

The person can acquire one PAN No and then leave that place forever.


Shonee Kapoor

V.N.K. MENON (Querist)
23 March 2012

Dear Mr. Kapoor,

Thanks. But filing return cannot be from different address, isn't it? Do u think filing return from a different address, but with the same PAN number without having made correction, is illegal, if detected.

Pl give guidance of valued friends.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert)
23 March 2012

@Mr. Shonee

Income tax department have addresses of PAN card holder.

@Mr. Menon
you can ask information from ITO, but this information attracts section 11 of the RTI Act, so without the consent of that pan no. holder, ITO should not disclose it address.

ajay sethi (Expert)
Click to Talk
23 March 2012

agree with shailesh shah

Pradeep Rohra (Expert)
27 March 2012

I depends upon C.A.

V.N.K. MENON (Querist)
27 March 2012

Dear Mr. Shonee, Mr.Shailesh, Mr. Ajay, Mr. Pradeep - thanks all.

I got not only all the required information from I.T. web site but also additional useful information.

once again thanks.

menon vnk

A matter of pleasure for the experts to know that Mr. Menon has not only got satisfaction through replies of experts but has also been able to get additional useful information.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu