Inclusion of full name in birth certificate

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
10 March 2010

My son born on august 2002 has got birth certificate issued from Nagar panchayat of Maharashtra State which only mentions the first name of child instead of child full name. As per the tradition and practice, We add mother’s father name to the second male child along with father name or mother’s mother name to the second female child along with father name. The format is first child name, middle name is either Grandfather’s name or Family name usually house name and last name is Father name. Father and mother names are mentioned in the birth certificates but full name of child is not mentioned and is different from father’s full name due to the middle name of child is from mother’s father name. The mother of child did not retain her maiden name after marriage and her name contains only her first name and husband name. The panchayat and district registrar denied the request for issuing the birth certificate with full name saying that rule does not permit. The State of Kerala issues birth certificates with full name of child but in State of Maharashtra it is not permitted and issues birth certificates only with first name of child. We requires birth certificate with full name of the child mentioned for the purpose of emigration and passport. The school registers and Ration card contains full name of the child. Please advise to include the full name of child in birth certificate.



raj kumar makkad (Expert)
11 March 2010

You should file an application supported with your dully sworn affidavit to the SDO (Civil) of your area who is entrusted the power to amend Register of Birth & Death to do the needful who after conducing due enquiry and on his satisfaction shall pass an order to amend the record as required by you.

Kumar Thadhani (Expert)
11 March 2010


adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert)
11 March 2010

the birth certificate contains the name, father's name mother's name and even religion also

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu