Gratuity payment

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
18 May 2019

my father has joined Punjab state Tube-well Corporation as junior engineer on 01-09-1978 . In the year 1996, He was hired in municipal corporation, jalandhar as junior engineer on deputation basis. he worked there on deputation for three years but in the year 1999 his services were permanently absorbed in municipal corporation, Jalandhar from 01-01-1996.His previous service book is also transferred to municipal corporation jalandhar from Punjab state Tube-well Corporation.
He has provided 34 years and 11 month service in his tenure of job with government of Punjab.
He retired on 31-08-2013 from municipal corporation jalandhar on attaining the age of 58 years.
All retirement benefits are paid to my father by municipal corporation,jalandhar e.g. Provident fund,Leave encashment and pension on behalf of 35 years of service.
But till date, municipal corporation jalandhar is not providing the full gratuity benefit.
question 1 : who is responsible to pay gratuity amount on attaining superannuation / Retirement?
question 2 : By which ruling or law, laibilty to pay gratuity amount; can be fixed on employer from where the employee retires

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
18 May 2019

Q 1. Municipal Corporation Jallandhar is liable to pay gratuity as per Gratuity Act.
Q 2. Vague question.
It would be better and advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer practicing service matters for appreciation of facts/record, guidance and proceeding.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
18 May 2019

An anonymous author may not expect obligation of experts as per rule of this platform, disclose your identity.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu