Going outside the country after 498a

This query is : Resolved 

01 May 2012

Hello all,

My wife has filed 498a on me and my family.

I had obtained an anticipatory bail which the IO(Investigating Officer) refused to execute demanding submission of passports of all the family members. We didn't relent. We obtained regular bail to avoid all these issues.

Prior to this my wife had paid money to the IO to send a letter to my office to inform the IO before sending me outside the country. Now my office is refusing to send me to the US citing this as the reason.

Should I get a court order to show in my office to override the letter which the IO has sent.

My career is getting affected severely due to these issues. What can I do to set right my career, so that all the letters sent by the IO doesn't have any effect.

Can experts please suggest.


ajay sethi (Expert)
Click to Talk
01 May 2012

make application to court . seeking permission to travle aborad.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Expert)
01 May 2012

Ensure the conditions imposed on grant of anticipatory bail. if u are prohibited from leaving jurisdiction of court of country. Apply for relaxation of conditions.
Consult ur Counsel

Shonee Kapoor (Expert)
01 May 2012

Unless there is a condition of not travelling abroad because of pendency of case, you can travel abroad.

However, it would depend more upon the HR policies of your company than any legal things whether you actually travel abroad or not.


Shonee Kapoor

Santosh Goswami,Advocate (Expert)
03 May 2012

IO is not authorized to give any instruction to the employer. You have obtained the bail from court and the court has not laid down any such condition. Then how dare the IO did that. Move an application and in that also complain against the IO.

Somnath mukherjee (Expert)
03 May 2012

unles there is acondition you can go abroad, if the I.O raised any objection apply the court for permission.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu