Family Settlement Deed Registration compulsory ?

Kindly advise whether the Family Settlement Deed (which happened over a property) written on a Rs 100 stamp paper is compulsory to register ?

abhay dholakiya (Expert)

i think you go for registration is better option

Devajyoti Barman (Expert)

This is not a compulsorily registrable document.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert)

Yes registration is not compulsory.

Sec-17(1)(b)- family settlement-partition on basis thereof- registration of-necessity of –A writing which merely recites that there has in time past been a partition- not a declaration of will requiring registration, same being a statement of facts- SC’s ruling referred-UAD-2007-UTT-537.

Memorandum of family arrangement doesn’t require registration- unregistered deed of partition doesn’t bar it’s proving of ascertaining the nature of possession- U.A.D.-2006-CRC-37.

Family settlement not required to be compulsorily registered in terms of Sec-17- UAD-2007-SC-713-Sept.- CLJ-2007(7)-SC-390.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)

Yes. I agree with experts. Its need not to registered. Even if you registered the same mean its will be as a key to that favorable persons. I mean if any problem arose on future mean no one can question that if that document is genuine mean why, its not get registered..

×