Esi & pf

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
22 May 2019

We are a Society Registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 and running a charitable hospital. We have started constructing a new building through a contrator (only labour basis). We are deducting TDS u/s 194C @ 1%. I wanted to know if we are responsible for any ESI/PF or Contract license of our Contractor while making him the payment?

Awaiting your response. Thanks

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
23 May 2019

You should hire professional services of a local chartered accountant or taxation lawyer.

krishna mohan (Expert)
23 May 2019

ESI and PF will come into force if you are engaging workmen for continuous employment. If it is through contractor, it is contract's responsibility to ensure minimum wages and other statutory compliance and you have responsibility being Principal Employer to ensure compliance.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :


  LAWyersclubindia Menu